If you're interested in hearing about JBoss projects in the press or academia then this page lists many links to articles and whitepapers available online.
JBoss Related Articles
You can find a lot of articles and book references on the Apache Tomcat documentation page.
JBoss Application Server
You can find a lot of articles and book references on the JBoss AS documentation page.
- Dynamic Deployment of IIOP-Enabled Components in the JBoss Server. Published in the proceedings of the 2nd International Working Conference, Edinburgh, UK, May 2004.
- The JBoss Extensible Server. In proceedings of Middleware 2003, Brazil, June 2003.
You can find a lot of articles and book references on the JBoss Cache documentation page.
- JBoss Cache as a POJO Cache by Ben Wang, published by OnJava, Nov 2005.
- Lightweight Java Enterprise Application Frameworks by Michael Yuan, published by Java Developer's Journal, Feb 2006.
- Spring and EJB 3.0 in Harmony by Ales Justin, published by Java Developer's Journal, Feb 2006.
- Annotations, Friend or Foe? by Michael Yuan, published by Java Developer's Journal, Jan 2006.
- Simplify Enterprise Java Development with EJB 3.0 (Part I | Part II) by Michael Yuan, published by JavaWorld, September 2005.
- POJO Application Frameworks: Spring Vs. EJB 3.0 by Michael Yuan, published by OnJava, June 2005.
You can find a lot of articles and book references on the JBoss jBPM documentation page.
In this series of articles, various JBoss developers and users share their experiences with JBoss and develop a set of Design Patterns that you may find useful in your own work.
- The JBoss Clustering Patterns Library describes a collection of reusable clustering architectural patterns and configurations.
- What's New in JBoss Portal 2.2? by Roy Russo and Julien Viet.
- Are Portals the "magic bullet" of web application development? by Roy Russo and Julien Viet.
- Seam: The Next Step in the Evolution of Web Applications by Norman Richards, published by Java Developer's Journal in Feb 2006.
- An introduction to SEAM: a version of this was published at JavaPolis in December 2005.
You can find a lot of articles and book references on the JBossTransactions documentation page.
- What are end-to-end transactions and can JBossTS support them? An abridged version of this paper was published in the Java Developers Journal, 2001.
- The evolution of a transaction processing system. Presented at the High Performance Transaction Systems workshop, 2005.
- JTA and JTS Transactions (refers to Total-e-Transactions, a previous name for the JBoss Transaction Service).
- Web Services Transactions support.
Non-JBoss Related Articles
- Why do you need (distributed) transactions? An overview of the things you should consider when deciding if you need transaction management in your architecture.
- A framework for implementing extended transactions. A paper on the OMG's Extended Transaction framework, for the High Performance Transaction Systems Workshop, 2001.
- Full circle for Web services transactions? A paper on the evolution of Web Services , for the High Performance Transaction Systems Workshop, 2003.
- Transactions and recoverability: what they mean to your applications. Mark Little's Blog, Java.net, May 11, 2005.
- Introducing WS-Coordination. Web Services Journal, April 2003.
- Introducing WS-Transaction, Part 1. Web Services Journal, May 2003.
- Introducing WS-Transaction, Part 2. Web Services Journal, June 2003.
- Introducing WS-CAF: more than just transactions. Web Services Journal. December 2003.
- Introducing BPEL4WS. Web Services Journal, June 2003.