In BoxGrinder REST there are three artifacts:
- Appliance – BoxGrinder Build | Appliance Definition File representation in BoxGrind REST,
- Image – appliance in binary format (appliance after build),
- Node – a build node where the build process is executed.
There is also a special case artifact: Error. It can be produced on every request – if an Error artifact is returned it means that request wasn't successfully processed.
There are several states in which a resource could be. All states and transitions between those states are shown below.
Node states are not shown above because there are not very useful.
- build – executed in state NEW triggers a new build and produces a new base Image,
- destroy – executed in state NEW or ERROR destroys (removes) an appliance.
- deliver – executed in state BUILT or CONVERTED delivers image using selected delivery type. It can be also executed in state ERROR, where previous_status is DELIVERING,
- convert – executed in state BUILT triggers converting to another format and creating another Image artifact.,
- destroy – executed in states CREATED, DELIVERED, CONVERTED or ERROR removes image. All dependent images will be also removed!
|Appliance||NEW, CREATED, REMOVING, ERROR|
|Image||NEW, BUILDING, CONVERTING, BUILT, CONVERTED, REMOVING, DELIVERING, DELIVERED, ERROR|