Automatic Thread Dump Generation
All In One JGroups Test
- What is it? A cluster certification test in jgroups.
- N nodes certifying each other that they're ready for JBoss Clustering
- Tests to run/combine: multicast test, view demo test, larget state test
- tough to automate N node send/receive rotation to check multicast traffic is flowing.
- easier to do such thing with view demo, hence multicast test might not be necessary.
- maybe all nodes send at the same time, each adding something diff to the message and then each node checks it got N messages back for the message it sent!
View demo + Large test:
- start with xml configuration and number of expected nodes in cluster (N) and state size to transfer (i.e 1 MB)
- coordinator checks that view contains the number of expected nodes.
- N-1 nodes that are only members must have received the state correctly (they know the size they should expect).
- coordinator instructs 2nd node in cluster to die/shutdown and restart channe l after T timeout.
- coordinator checks that after instruction to shutdown, the view is updated correctly.
- coordinator checks that after waiting long enough, the 2nd node is part of the view again and 2nd node received state correclty.
- repeat this with N-1 nodes that are supposed to form the cluster.
- once the current coordinator, c1, has done this with all nodes, it will shutdown its own channel so that a new coordinator is elected.
- new coordinator, c2, will do the same thing all over again with the rest of nodes.
- test ends when you'd done all permutations c1-cN.
- emulate mcast traffic not working, i.e. misconfigure firewall
- emulate mcast traffic working but not able to cope with state size, how??
Cluster Message Flow Representation
Show JGroups/JBossCache message flow from data gathered from multiple nodes in the cluster.