Pushing log messages to a centralized log collector/server seems to be a more common practice, especially with microservices. This can currently be done with a syslog-handler. However newer collectors like fluentd or logstash can accept various types of formatted data over a socket.
WildFly Socket Handler Issue: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-2953
JBoss Log Manager: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/LOGMGR-177
WildFly JSON Formatter Issue: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-2951
WildFly XML formatter Issue : https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-2952
DEV CONTEXTS: James Perkins
AFFECTED PROJECTS OR COMPONENTS: WildFly Core
OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES:
- A socket handler must have the ability to reconnect if the connect was lost.
- When reconnecting there should be the ability to block until reconnected for TCP connections.
- There should be a way to define the number of attempts a reconnect will happen defaulting to a continues retry.
- There should be the ability to send messages over UDP, TCP or SSL TCP sockets.
- When an SSL socket is used, a SSL context from the Elytron subsystem should be usable.
- It cannot be a requirement that messages sent over a socket are required to reach the destination. There is a very real possibility that messages can be lost if a connection goes down.