In order to help users to match output with an executed command, it is proposed to include the command (and its options) in the console output.
- Keep current behaviour. No command is echoed by default.
- Command is never echoed in interactive mode. This feature only applies to non interactive (list of commands, scripts and API).
- Only echo the executed commands, commands that are part of not executed branches are not displayed.
This change implies:
- Introduce a new XML config file element <echo-command>true/false</echo-command> to enable/disable echoing.
- Introduce a new CLI option --echo-command. When present, the command and its associated options are printed prior to the command output (if any).
- The CLI option overrides XML configuration.
- Upgrade the CLI XML schema to version 3.1.
- Upgrade the bundled CLI XML config file to version 3.1
- Develop a set of unit tests.
Alexey Loubyansky (email@example.com)
Jean-François Denise (firstname.lastname@example.org)