Installing Eclipse VJET into JBoss Developer Studio
Due to simplify the Eclipse VJET installation and to allow our users to have it handy we've included the Eclipse VJET to 3rd-party products available for installation from JBoss Central. To install Eclipse VJET you need to perform the following few simple steps:
- Open JBoss Central and select 'Software/Update' tab and type 'vjet' in filter field. You'll see the only 'Eclipse VJET' item in the list of 3rd-party software under 'Web and Mobile Development'. Select 'Eclipse VJET' and press 'Install' button below:
- Select at least one License in the list and make sure that 'I accept the terms...' radio is selected, then press 'Next >' button:
- Wait a bit while installation process is finished...
- ... then restart JBoss Developer Studio
Most part of installation is finished so you can try to use Eclipse VJET's features.
Using Eclipse VJET
We've used HTML 5 Example project imported from JBoss Central hereafter:
Press 'Enable' button to enable Eclipse VJET on your project.
Most usefull feature of VJET is Content Assistant. For a number of reasons, VJET requires a file to be saved due to provide a Content Assist. So, we've made a new line and saved the document:
...and invoked Content Assistant by pressing Ctrl-Space:
...and then applied the selected property on the document:
Using Eclipse VJET's Type Libraries
If you want such information to be available for your project:
- Clone the Type Libraries Project from Eclipse's Git repository 'git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/vjet/org.eclipse.vjet.typelibs.git' into a local folder:
- Then return to your Workspace, select 'File->Import->Existing Projects into Workspace' and press 'Next >'
- Find and select 'org.eclipse.vjet.typelibs' folder and press 'OK'
- Then select the Type Library project(s) you want to add to your project and press 'Finish' - the required Type Library Project(s) will be imported into your Workspace
- Right-click on your project and select 'Properties->VJET->VJET Build Path', then select 'Projects' Tab and press 'Add' button. Then select imported Type Library Project(s) and press 'OK' button:
- Now you can use the information provided by selected Type Library in Content Assistant for your project, so you're able to select...
- ... and apply these proposals:
Without having the Type Library project imported and set up, the Content Assistant would be incomplete in most cases. For example, see the proposals of Content Assist invoked at the same file and position but with no jQuery Type Library project imported and referenced:
Eclipse VJET Views to browse the project information
Eclipse VJET provides a number of views that may help you to view a project details:
Outline, Types and Members Views: