The GateIn Toolbox (formerly gatein-stuff) project provides a few tools for doing various stuff with GateIn hosted on GitHub.
Scripts for adding / removing users in gatein and doing basic operation on caches (useful for mass user injection)
A generator for XML descriptor (usefull to generate large navigations for testing purpose)
A tool based on JBoss Byteman that reports the number of expensive resources done during a web request, useful for improving performances.
It monitors access to expensive resources during a web request, it is useful for:
- Determining the expensive resources accessed during a web request
- Compare two different configurations (like cache) or code optimization based on the number of resources accessed
- Check effectiveness of caching (check that no expensive resource is called when the page is refreshed)
- Check that cache invalidation occurs at some point (the resource will be accessed again).
The current monitored resources are:
- JDBC access
- JCR query access
- ResourceBundle lookup
- Groovy script compilation
It's quite easy to add new resources since it's based on Byteman, check the configuration file.
A service to be deployed in GateIn that cares about synchronization a database with a remote server (like LDAP).