- A Windows installation (Windows 7 has been used for developement up to this point)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for developement and running the tests. It can be downloaded with a up to 3 month trial version from here.
- The client is held under github, so a Windows github client is needed
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is needed to use the Infinispan Hot Rod .NET client library. It can be downloaded from here
- Nant 0.92 - a tool very similar with ant from which it got inspired. It is OSS and can be installed from here.
- Note: If you’re using Windows 7 and get weird stacktrace exceptions when running Nant you might want to take a look at this thread.
Download the sources
If you don't already have a local copy of the sources get one. E.g.
git clone email@example.com:infinispan/dotnet-client.git
If you have a local copy make sure it contains the latest changes from the server:
git checkout master git pull origin master git status
Download the dependecies
For now the list of dependencies to be downloaded are enumerated in the dotnet-client\lib\readme.txt.
All the .dll files should be added to dotnet-client\lib. (A mvn-like dependency management tool might be added at some point in the future).
- NLog - an open source logger for .NET has been used for logging. It's configuration can be set in <dot-net-client-src-dir>\tests\NLog.config
- Instructions on configuring NLog can be found here.
Test environment setup
- in order to run the tests, an Infinispan distribution is needed. You can download one from here (up to this point, developement has been made on Infinispan 5.2.x)
- unzip de distribution file to a directory (e.g. infinispan-5.2.0.ALPHA2-all) and define an evironemnt variable named ISPN_HOME to point to that directory (e.g. ISPN_HOME=c:\infinispan-5.2.0.ALPHA2-all)
- open a command shell and navigate to the <dot-net-client-src-dir>\tests\etc folder
- run copytestconfigs.bat and preparetestenv.bat
- these scripts would amend your Infinispan installation so that the tests can be run
- make sure that you can run the tests
- open Visual Studio and the open the tests' slution: <dot-net-client-src-dir>\tests\build.sln
- run all the tests: "Tests\Run\All Tests in solution"