This wiki explains the steps required to generate/package the EJB3 tutorial source, the tutorial guide and the reference guide.
To *generate* the tutorial deliverable (.zip/.tar.gz):
1) Checkout the tutorials from the EJB3 trunk
2) Ensure that you have set MAVEN_HOME to point to 2.0.9 version of Maven and ANT_HOME to 1.7 version of Ant (Note: The tutorials can be built with Ant and Maven). Also ensure that JBOSS_HOME points to a clean (unmodified) JBossAS-5.0 GA.
4) From the shell/command-prompt, 'cd' to the "tutorial/guide" folder
mvn clean compile
This command will generate the guide (in target/docbook sub-folder). This is the guide which the user should use to *run* the tutorials.
6) The final step is to create the distributable. For this 'cd' to the "tutorial/dist" folder and run
ant -f build-dist.xml
Note: The plan was to generate the tutorial distributable(s) using Maven plugin. But because of plugin ordering issues in Maven 2.0.9, this runs into issues. Hence we are going to use Ant to generate the final distributable.
The above command will generate "ejb3-tutorials.zip" and "ejb3-tutorials.tar.gz" in the "tutorial/dist" folder. Use this to upload on the EJB3 docs site (only QA has permission)
The instructions for *running* the tutorials are in the Readme.txt available in those .zip/.tar.gz files.
Reference Guide :
1) Checkout "reference" from the EJB3 trunk
2) Ensure that you have set MAVEN_HOME to point to 2.0.9 version of Maven
3) From the shell/command-prompt, 'cd' to the "reference" folder (the place where you checked out from SVN)
mvn clean compile
5) This command will generate the "html" and "html_single" versions of the reference guide under target/docbook subfolder. Use this guide to upload on the EJB3 docs site (only QA has permission).
 Maven references: