From the beggining
1) checkout examples sources from svn:
- examples/richfaces-showcase/ - contains main showcase application.
- examples/core-demo/ - main demo used during development.
2) Example applications should be built using Maven 2.1.0 or higher.
3) Follow these instructions for maven configuration.
tomcat6/jetty targeted build:
3) execute "mvn clean package" in root application folder(examples/richfaces-showcase/ or examples/core-demo/)
4) Deploy to tomcat 6.x (built .war file is located in the 'target' folder) or just run using maven on jetty using "mvn clean jetty:run-war"
JEE6 (GlassFish 3, JBoss AS 6) server targeted build:
3) execute "mvn clean package -Pjee6" in root application folder(examples/richfaces-showcase/trunk or examples/core-demo/trunk)
4) Deploy built application (built .war file is located in the 'target' folder) to application server
5) Type http://localhost:8080/richfaces-showcase or http://localhost:8080/core-demo in your browser address bar after starting server.
More additional information about build profiles for concrete aplications and working with them - inside readme's for application itself.
Using IDE to work with examples
- You could use Jboss Tools with m2eclipse plugin and just import the examples as maven-based projects.
- Or if you have not using m2eclipse - execute:
in root example folder and import to ecplise just as existent project after build complete.