Map/Reduce over Hot Rod
- The aim here is to allow map/reduce style computations to be sent to a Hot Rod cluster in order to speed up work via paralellisation.
- This requires some kind of plattform independent way of sending computational work over Hot Rod.
- This work could be represented by scripting languages supported by JSR-223 which allow them to run on the JVM.
- The header should enable support possibility of choosing the engine.
- The code should be structured in such way that it can be used by the REST server as well to execute map/reduce functions.
- In terms of the map/reduce command, it'd have the following parameters:
- Input keys whose values will become parameters for the map function.
- User provide parameters for the map function.
- Name of map function (name functions so that they can be compiled as opposed to interpreting them everytime they're called)
- Map function
- Name of reduce function
- Reduce function