The current JBoss.org Maven repositories will be replaced by a new set of repositories that use a Maven repository manager (Nexus). This page contains a test plan for the JBoss.org Maven repository infrastructure.
- Define a test strategy for new Maven repository infrastructure for JBoss.org.
- Communicate the strategy to all stakeholders
- Contribute to test planning for future repository infrastructure changes/updates.
Scope - What will be tested?
- User authentication against the JBoss.org user database (probabaly against svn)
- Consuming artifacts from the repository from a Maven build
- Using only JBoss releases repository
- Using various combinations of JBoss releases, JBoss snapshots, and Maven central
- Track and save artifacts proxied from the central Maven repository
- Searching for and locating artifacts contained in the repositories
- Search for JBoss.org repository
- Search Maven central repository
- Updating search indices when new artifacts are deployed, or old artifacts (snapshots) are removed.
- Deploying snapshot artifacts to the repository (via a webdav interface)
- Automatic cleanup of old snapshot artifacts
- Deploying release artifacts to a staging repository
- Promoting staged artifacts to the release repository
All test results are be tracked in this wiki.
Server setup/configuration instructions are located in this wiki and in the internal clearspace (docspace) wiki.
Responsibilities (Test Team)
Test Execution Instructions
Instructions for configuring the workspace prior to running the tests.
Instructions for executing the tests can be found in the following sub-documents.
All test results should be tracked in this wiki
Maven Repository Test Results - Testing against Sonatype hosted repository
Maven Repository Test Results 2 - Testing against internal test environment