- Check all issues resolved.
- Create next point release version if not exists - this is so you can push issues in step 3 below.
- Unresolved issues should be resolved or pushed.
Ensure no test failures in the group of hudson tests, for the branch you intend to release.
export RELEASE_VERSION=1.0.0.Alpha2 cd $NTA_SOURCE/scripts ./pre-release.sh $RELEASE_VERSION cd .. git fetch upstream git checkout $RELEASE_VERSION mvn clean deploy -DskipTests=true mvn clean install -DskipTests=true sshfs -o defer_permissions firstname.lastname@example.org: ~/filemgmt.jboss.org mkdir -p ~/filemgmt.jboss.org/downloads_htdocs/jbosstm/nta/$RELEASE_VERSION/binary cp ./nta-dist/target/nta-$RELEASE_VERSION.ear ~/filemgmt.jboss.org/downloads_htdocs/jbosstm/nta/$RELEASE_VERSION/binary cp ./demo/target/nta-demo-$RELEASE_VERSION.war ~/filemgmt.jboss.org/downloads_htdocs/jbosstm/nta/$RELEASE_VERSION/binary
Release the artifacts through Nexus
- "Staging Repositories"
- Click tickbox for your repo
- Click "Close"
- Don't worry about a description, just click "Close"
- Click tickbox after it is closed
- Click "Release"
- Again a description doesn't matter
- Login to Magnolia
- Login with credentials: Tom and Paul know these, ask them.
- Close all issues for the release
- Mark as released (Need admin permissions)
Promote the release through the following channels:
- Email email@example.com
- Blog: fixversion = "5.0.0.M4" AND project in (nta) AND priority >= major AND issuetype not in (Bug, task) AND resolution not in ("Duplicate Issue", Rejected, "Won't Fix", "Out of Date", "Cannot Reproduce Bug")