What is PicketBox?
PicketBox (formerly JBoss Security) is a security framework for Java Applications.
The features available are:
The advantage is a simple framework with a single configuration file to handle.
Project Page is http://jboss.org/picketbox.
PicketBox should run in a regular J2SE (Java JRE) environment. Of course, some dependencies are needed.
- 3.0.0.Beta3 is released on March 7, 2010.
- Pick the zip from PicketBox Downloads
- If you are in a non-JBoss Application Server environment, you need the jboss-logging-spi.jar. Download it from here.
Relationship between PicketBox and PicketLink
- PicketBox is the foundational security framework that provides the authentication, authorization, audit and mapping capabilities to Java applications.
- PicketLink (formerly, JBoss Identity) builds on PicketBox foundation and provides an identity model, federated identity support (SAML, WS-Trust, OpenID), Authz(access control developer api), Negotiation (SPNego/Kerberos based desktop SSO).