Follow these steps for an official release.
- You need to have access to http://ci.hibernate.org/: the release process is now driven by CI
- Check that everything has been pushed to the upstream repository
- Check that CI is green for the branch you want to release
- Before you release try the latest snapshot of Validator in Core to make sure the snapshot works in Hibernate ORM.
- Double check that distribution/pom.xml and distribution/src/main/assembly/dist.xml list and include all the right dependencies (this is especially important when dependencies changed).
- Make sure there are no outstanding issues in Jira
- On Jira check that all the issues referenced in this version have a Component set
- Release the Jira version
- Do NOT update the changelog.txt and README.md, the release job does it for you.
- Go to CI, and select the hibernate-validator-release job. Click on Build with parameters.
- Be careful when filling the form with the build parameters.
- Release the artifacts on the JBoss Nexus repository manager. This ia a two-steps process.
- Log into Nexus and examine your staging repository. Click on the Updated column 2 times to have the repositories sorted correctly.
- You can either drop it in order to start over again or you can close and promote it making the artifacts available in the live repository. (Click Refresh after each action)
- You can find more information in the description of the JBoss project release process. A Maven settings.xml for testing the artifacts in the staging repository can be found here.
- Transfer the released issues in JIRA to the Closed state. You can use this search Issue Navigator - Hibernate JIRA and select another fixVersion. Once you have selected the right version, click on the button with three dots at the top right of the screen and click on Bulk update all XX issues. Use the Transition action to transition your issues from Resolved to Closed.
NOTE: In the HTML version of the reference guide, some special characters and the section titles will show up not correctly when opening the file locally. This is a known issue, the documentation looks correct when retrieved via Apache.
- The CI job automatically pushes the distribution to SourceForge and publishes the documentation to docs.jboss.org.
- Update wiki pages:
- Blog about the release on in.relation.to. Add the tag 'Hibernate Validator' to the post so it will also appear on the Hibernate Validator project page.
- Update hibernate.org by adding a new release file to _data/projects/validator/releases and deploying to production. Depending on which releases you want to have displayed, make sure to adjust the displayed flag of the other release files.
- Send an email to hibernate-dev and hibernate-announce
- Twitter via Hibernate user