Follow these steps for an official release.
- You need to have access to http://ci.hibernate.org/: the release process is now driven by CI
- Check that everything has been pushed to the upstream repository
- Check that CI is green
- Before you release, deploy the API and run the Validator tests with this version of the API to check everything is OK
- Make sure there are no outstanding issues in Jira
- Release the Jira version
- Go to CI, and select the beanvalidation-api-release job. Click on Build with parameters.
- Be careful when filling the form with the build parameters.
- Release the artifacts on the JBoss Nexus repository manager. This is a two-steps process.
- Log into Nexus and examine your staging repository. Click on the Updated column 2 times to have the repositories sorted correctly.
- You can either drop it in order to start over again or you can close and promote it making the artifacts available in the live repository. (Click Refresh after each action)
- You can find more information in the description of the JBoss project release process. A Maven settings.xml for testing the artifacts in the staging repository can be found here.
- Transfer the released issues in JIRA to the Closed state. You can use this search Issue Navigator - Hibernate JIRA and select another fixVersion. Once you have selected the right version, click on the button with three dots at the top right of the screen and click on Bulk update all XX issues. Use the Transition action to transition your issues from Resolved to Closed.
- The CI job automatically publishes the API Javadoc to docs.jboss.org.
TBD by Gunnar