- Server-side code development - near 0%, very basic component/renderer class was done
- Client-side code development - 3.3.x code migrated and updated for JSF 2.0.x AJAX. 90% ready, need to add support for queue listeners.
Near Term Tasks
- Discuss changes in requirements for the queue: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12894
- Wiki update with 4.0 specific features: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RFPL-343
- Implement server-side code according to updated requirements
- Update client-side code according to updated requirements (if necessary)
- Complete client-side code development
Longer Term Tasks
- Implement (migrate from 3.3.x & create new) set of unit tests for both server-side & client-side code
- Testing/bug fixing
- Design a proposal for JSF 2.1 EG on the required API
- Support for standard form submits as well as AJAX request: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RF-7492
Requirements for ALPHA2
Implement a4j:queue component over JSF 2.0 AJAX implementation: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RF-7893 .
Both client-side & server-side code is covered by unit tests.
Develop a proposal for JSF 2.1 extension.
Implement a4j:attachQueue: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14380?uniqueTitle=false .
Estimation on Effort and Time
- Requirements discussion & update - 5 days
- Client-side code update according to changes in requirements - ?? days (can be time-consuming as component functional units are 90% covered by client-side code)
- Complete client-side code support for listeners - 2-3 days
- Unit tests for client-side code - ?? days
- Implementation of server-side code + unit tests for it - 5-10 days
- Documenting - ?? days
- Testing/bug fixing - ?? days
- JSF 2.1 proposal - 2-3 days