This document covers the differences and changes in workflow from the RichFaces 4 Component Development Process required for components that are being migrated from the RichFaces 3.3.X code base. Note - many of the steps are similar so please refer to the main document for details.
Prior to moving a component and starting this process the <link>priority wiki page</link> and plan for the targeted release should be reviewed. Once it is determined that a specific component will be migrated, the rest of the process below can be started.
Dev Article, and Discussions
- Links in source code to the related source, JS, etc..
- Links to documentation
- Links to related items like forum posts, or other articles
- Initial requirements updates
- Component and attribute name changes?
- Basic functionality and feature updates
- Listing of what is core component functionality, and what can be done as a separate feature.
- Links to related feature requests and jira's
This should then be reviewed and commented on by members of the team, especially likely developers.
3.3.X Source Code Review
- Does the markup need to be updated significantly to match semantic markup goals for 4.0.X?
- Can the source code be moved directory to 4.0 sandbox?
- Does it need to be moved piece by piece?
- Does it require special updates or source refactoring?
- Major redesigns, or refactoring required?
- Base functionality vs. adv. features?
- We want to break out core vs. advanced
- Core will be developed first if possible
- Client side library migration requirements
- Standardizing on JQuery so others need to removed.
This review should result in the better understanding of what is required for the component work, and should allow detailed jira's to be created in the next section.
- Designer should must complete markup updates
- Semantic markup updates
- Consistency of html structure
- Skinning updates
- Dev should review client/server source for
- What should be shifted for future development
Copy/Migrate to /UI Sandbox
- Maven build updates to use latest ui-parent
- Sub-project structure to follow api/ui breakup
- Java package updates for components
- TODO - Make sure we have a section in the guidelines about proper component structure.