[10:01pm] balunasj: serogers: I know that your would like to discuss the upcoming A2 release.
[10:01pm] balunasj: let me just list out a couple things as well - then we can strat with your point
[10:01pm] serogers: OK
[10:02pm] balunasj: 1) Integration with assembly for release artifact assembly - I asked Alex_Kolonitsky to join us for that
[10:02pm] balunasj: 2) Archetype for A2 - Pavol from QE is going to move to 4.0 svn this morning
[10:03pm] balunasj: 2.1) prabhat do you know why lukas and pavol are not on?
[10:03pm] balunasj: 3) Some comments on getting start guide.
[10:03pm] balunasj: </end>
[10:03pm] balunasj: so anything else you would like to discuss feel free to bring up
[10:04pm] serogers: OK, no problem
[10:05pm] serogers: Well I mainly wanted to see how things are going for alpha2 and whether the docs as they are will be suitable
[10:06pm] balunasj: serogers: So Alpha2 is tight, but on track for a code freeze friday ( time over weekend if needed)
[10:07pm] balunasj: serogers: Then build to QE mid next week.
[10:07pm] balunasj: serogers: 1 week of QE then release
[10:07pm] balunasj: as for docs - I have a few comments - some I'll share here, and some I'll just email.
[10:07pm] serogers: OK, cool
[10:08pm] balunasj: my main concern is not the draft state of the docs, but that some of the info is out of date because it is drawn from 3.3 docs.
[10:08pm] serogers: Yep; this is what I hope to catch with the tech reviews
[10:08pm] balunasj: One thing with the archetype and and getting started guide is that we need to get the user seeing something usefull in 30min
[10:09pm] balunasj: And I appoligize for not getting to the review for getting started guide until now.
[10:10pm] balunasj: So the main thing I would like to see is that once pavol gets the archetype inplace 0
[10:10pm] balunasj: is that you integrate that into the getting started guide.
[10:10pm] balunasj: There are also some changes with whats in the requirements for release.
[10:10pm] serogers: OK
[10:10pm] balunasj: just so I know is this the latest :
[10:11pm] balunasj: http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/RF-4.0/job/richfaces-4.0-docs/35/
[10:11pm] jbossbot: [RF-4] Add expression or the current row index of rich:dataTable [Closed, Major, Alexander Francuzov] https://jira.jboss.org/browse/RF-4
[10:11pm] balunasj: although I did see a new build http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/RF-4.0/job/richfaces-4.0-docs/36/
[10:11pm] balunasj: but it does not look like there are changes.
[10:12pm] serogers: Yep, they are the latest
[10:12pm] balunasj: ok good - those were the ones I was looking at.
[10:12pm] balunasj: You'll have my comments in your email for your tomorrow morning.
[10:13pm] serogers: Great, thanks
[10:13pm] balunasj: Just so you know what I'm thinking about
[10:13pm] balunasj: For requirments I'd like it clearly broken up into server, client, and dev requirements
[10:13pm] balunasj: although dev is more for recommendation
[10:14pm] serogers: OK
[10:14pm] balunasj: Then also updating the maven and tools sections based the latest JBoss tools, and maven setting from JBoss and project.
[10:15pm] balunasj: also to save my printer ink and eyes - we need to change the styling of the console output to not be black.
[10:15pm] balunasj: I'm not sure if there is a template for it or not
[10:15pm] serogers: I know, that is a left-over styling from the old styles
[10:15pm] serogers: I'll look into getting that changed
[10:16pm] balunasj: Also do you have JBTools installed?
[10:16pm] serogers: Yes
[10:16pm] balunasj: ok good
[10:16pm] balunasj: Basically I just want to make sure the getting started guide is accurate for new users starting with A2.
[10:16pm] balunasj: the other sections can be draft/skeleton be that one needs to be spot on.
[10:17pm] balunasj: ilya_shaikovsky: you already reviewed the GSG section right?
[10:19pm] balunasj: not sure if he is on
[10:19pm] balunasj: lets move on to assembly for now
[10:19pm] balunasj: Alex_Kolonitsky has been working on that.
[10:19pm] balunasj: Alex_Kolonitsky what is the current state of the assembly with the docs? Have you gotten to it yet?
[10:20pm] ilya_shaikovsky: ilya_shaikovsky, not looked to the latest version
[10:21pm] balunasj: ilya_shaikovsky: oh ok - np - just wondering
[10:23pm] balunasj: Alex_Kolonitsky: ping
[10:23pm] Alex_Kolonitsky: no
[10:23pm] balunasj: Alex_Kolonitsky: ok - np I know you have been working on other bits
[10:24pm] balunasj: Alex_Kolonitsky: serogers : so alex is going to work towards getting the doc bundle integrated with assembly
[10:24pm] serogers: OK
[10:24pm] balunasj: serogers: Not sure if you have seen the forum posts on this.
[10:25pm] serogers: It is all built with Maven so that should be fine
[10:25pm] balunasj: serogers: yup - that is what I'm hoping. I just wanted to see if there were issue you might see
[10:26pm] serogers: Not that I can think of
[10:27pm] balunasj: I'll have pavol write up a description of using the archetype, then it would be good to verify it
[10:27pm] balunasj: and update the GSG with it.
[10:27pm] serogers: OK, great
[10:28pm] balunasj: The only other thing I can think of is that we discussed moving the CDK doc to the CDK module because it will be packaged into a separate distribution.
[10:28pm] balunasj: serogers: I know you commented on that.
[10:28pm] serogers: Yep
[10:29pm] balunasj: I'm not sure it will make it into A2 or not because timing is tight
[10:29pm] serogers: Not much has been done on the CDK guide
[10:29pm] serogers: It's the lowest priority of the guides at the moment
[10:29pm] balunasj: btw - it appears that something is wrong in Brno - no one from there seems to be online.
[10:29pm] balunasj: serogers: agree
[10:30pm] balunasj: Thats all I had for now, is there anything else - from serogers or anyone?
[10:31pm] serogers: Nothing else from me
[10:31pm] ilya_shaikovsky: seems no for that moment.. Sean i'll do my best to send the review for GSG till tommorow.. sorry for the delay..
[10:32pm] balunasj: ok then - with so much going on pre release lets end early and we can keep moving.
[10:32pm] serogers: Great, thanks everyone