This is a large agenda, and does not cover some of the items we discussed in the previous meeting. This is because a few things have become priorities and this meeting is the best or only place to have some of these discussions.
[Jay/Nick] RichFaces Build
- We are redesigning our build for Alpha2
- Would like to follow lead of Weld/Seam
- For now how some specific questions
- Seam parent BOM
- Is the project wide bom in seam to be a root for all module bom's, or as a single point of "import" for users who want to use all of seam?
- Parent pom adding dependencies
- Is this to cover dependencies related testing ( i.e. not runtime for Seam )?
- This would leave BOM just for runtime dependencies - correct?
- Seam's usage of its own BOM
- Is this just restricted to examples and external users?
- Modules seem to mostly pull in directly from weld?
- Is this because weld is really Seam's core?
- Reason Seam's /dist contains only BOM, while parent is in /build
- Is there a reason to keep in separate t/bt/?
- Why not have both in /build?
- Seam parent BOM
- We would love to hear about more "lessons learns" and/or suggestions for RichFaces build
- Out of scope for this meeting, but we may have follow up items
[Jay, Nick] JSF 2.0 In JBoss Repo
- RI updates, issues, actions
- Is the problem really just getting is in a repp?
- Seam planning on using MyFaces
- Any known issues between using RI and MyFaces
- Is that long term plan?
[Emmanuel] Client Side Bean Validation
- Seam faces, RichFaces, or other?
- Does proper solution require CDI?
- Alex I believe you mentioned that.
- Priority, and actions?
[Pete] Datatable paging and tighter integration with databases
Topics from previous meetings:
- Component placement and ownership
- JSF Mock Test Project
- JSF 2.1 Discussions