The Decision Table replacement in Guvnor has been completed to the extent of providing equivalent functionality to what pre-existed.
Whilst we now have an equivalent devoid of GWTEXT it is still adrift of where we ideally see Guvnor's guided decision table to be.
This document represents a roadmap of features we'd like to implement in due course.
- Provide replacement removing dependency on GWTEXT
- Cell merging
- Grouping of data by row
- Replacement of back-end data-model with data-typed equivalent
- Multi-cell selection to enable quick entry of values across multiple cells
- Support for "otherwise" field values, allowing a rule to be matched for "any other" value not included in other rules.
- Extension of the constructs possible with the decision table (e.g. "Cheese from $cheesery.brands")
- Typed input of default values
Outstanding (in no particular order)
- Improved integration of verification and validation to provide visual feedback of problems
- Further optimization of decision table to check completeness, ambiguity and conflict
- Expansion and contraction
- Typed input of Value Lists
- Pluggable editors for Model FactTypes
- Column and row drag and drop
- Horizontal decision table
- Integration of WorkingSets