This document will detail the criteria and intent of the ShrinkWrap Descriptors versioning scheme, as well as lay out the general roadmap for upcoming releases.
- APIs Frozen Backwards-Compatible until 2.0.0-X series
- Introduced a slim, locked SPI layer
- No EE APIs
- These releases are considered prototype and may be branched into maintenance (primarily for Arquillian) in "1.1.0-X" branch
- Backwards-compatible fo 1.1.0-beta-X
- Includes new features not present in 1.1.0-beta-X
- Introduced preliminary EE APIs
- As part of the major version "1", also considered prototype and branches for maintenance (primarily for Arquillian) in "1.2.0-X" branch.
- Current mainline development
- Introduces Maven Plugin to Generate Descriptors from XSD/DTD
- Needs resolving to "master" branch ensuring all is incorporated from the "SHRINKDESC-92" branch.
- Assumes breaking API changes from the 1.x.y series.
- Focused on consistent API we can support for a much longer timeframe, with prototyping now behind us
The following defines a minimal roadmap for ShrinkWrap Descriptors. Dates are subject to change.
|First release of 2.0.0-alpha-1||12 March 2012|
|Incremental alpha releases||Bimonthly, timeboxed|
|API Lock (2.0.0-beta-1)|