Initial work toward supporting SY on Karaf is taking place on the master branches:
This work is based on Guillaume's initial PRs. We have the initial work merged into master. This page exists to track work in progress, known issues, and TODOs.
- Download and install Karaf 2.4.x from the Karaf Downloads page.
- Edit $KARAF_HOME/etc/config.properties and add sun.misc to org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
- Edit $KARAF_HOME/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg and add the following repository to org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories
- Start karaf with 'bin/karaf’
- Add the SwitchYard features with the following command:
- features:addurl mvn:org.switchyard.karaf/switchyard/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
- Install a quickstart to test our your installation:
- 'features:install switchyard-quickstart-bean-service’ (you can use tab completion to select the quickstart you want)
NB. If you don't have a local build of SwitchYard then you will also need to add https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/@snapshots@noreleases@id=jboss-snapshot to the property 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories' in 'apache-karaf-2.4.0/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg'
If installing on Fuse, the above instructions apply, however the features url is: mvn:org.switchyard.karaf/switchyard/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/core-features
The main difference between this features file and the one above is that it does not include repository url's for dependencies. This allows those dependencies to be resolved from the features url's configured with Fuse. (This features file can also be used with Karaf, but you'll need to add the features url's (or chooseurl) for the required dependencies. SY 2.0 is compatible with Fuse 6.2.
- Figure out how quickstarts will support Karaf and EAP - two different versions?
- JNDI prefix "osgi:service" is mandatory on karaf so it can't be same as eap's
- Maybe -Pdeploy-karaf or something is needed to be added with using this - http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/karaf-maven-plugin.html
Known Issues - as of 2.0.0.Alpha2
- Persistence with jBPM is not working
- Smooks transforms are not working
- MQTT binding is not working
Work in Progress
|Camel (XML and Java)||Keith||Done||SWITCHYARD-2070|
SWITCHYARD-2064, Also see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6979 after installing the mail quickstart, but that appears to be a JDK 7 issue.
|Netty (TCP and UDP)||David||Done||SWITCHYARD-2078|
Following is needed to be added to the "org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories" in the $KARAF_HOME/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg:
|Fuse Management Console||Rob|
|Fabric endpoints/clustering||Keith||Clustering is done.|
|OSGi Declarative Services||Keith|
Web Console is available by default at http://localhost:8181/activemqweb/
Add module to release project for Karaf artifacts.
- Identify and test quickstarts used with SY on Karaf
- Working without modification
- Not Working
- Working without modification
- camel-soap-proxy (no feature definition, soap reference not working on Fuse)
- transform-smooks (fixed after alpha2)