jBPM Community Day
This is an informal event where people with an interest in jBPM get together and exchange ideas related to jBPM. Target audience ranges from people that want to learn what jBPM is all about up to core community members. Most of the jBPM core developers and core community people will be present.
Date: May 8th
Time: 15:00 - 19:00
Registration: Send an email with your name to email@example.com Please indicate if you plan to stay for the dinner (at your own expense) so that we can book an appropriate amount of seats at some restaurant.
15:00 - 15:30
Welcome and jBPM introduction
Founder and Lead of JBoss jBPM
15:30 - 16:00
Full Scale STP with jBPM
Use case about jBPM at SNS Bank
by Eric Schabell & Maurice de Chateau
16:00 - 16:30
Break & networking
16:30 - 17:15
Business Intelligence with jBPM4
Technical presentation showing the usage of the new jBPM4 API
and how to extract simple KPIs from the process executions.
by Joram Barrez
17:15 - 17:30
Break & networking
17:30 - 18:30
jBPM 4 Preview
19:00 - ?
Dinner & Antwerp explorations (not payed by the organisation)
Developer pre-meeting topics
- Environments (going through static) and multiple jBPM configurations/instances
- Enterprise structure. Application classloading structure. See also http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227349#4227349. Conclusion of me and alejandro was: classloaders need to be cached based on combined key (processdefinitionid, clientapp-classloader)
- programmatically provided resources. First sketch the problem in context of services/commands. then discuss how should the api look like
- Concept of task outcome. == outgoing transitions or different? outcome as a parater or as a variable ? how to avoid variable persistence ?
- SOSE's and in container tx handling. how do we handle retries in case of SOSE's in container. synchronization ? or do we again put the user in charge of handling retries in case they span tx longer. how would a user have to do this. same for Spring transactions that span longer then jbpm service method invocations.
- Wait states and the executionId to use. Timers force the following API usage: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225801#4225801
- Go over examples to solicit feedback.
- Discussion how to organize documentation of use cases. Currently, there is this wiki page (needs cleanup), but what would be the ideal format of such a document (reference project, documentation per activity, ...)?
- Names, keys, ids, camelcase, spaces and so on. Should name and label be split?