Finally! Artificer 1.0.0.Alpha1 has just been released! This is several "firsts" for the project. 1.) Obviously, this is the first 1.0 release! 2.) We're finally able to claim full conformance with the OASIS S-RAMP specification. 3.) This is the first release under the new "Artificer" name!
There are several caveats that will need addressed when upgrading from Overlord S-RAMP to Artificer 1.0. Check out the migration guide: Chapter 13. Migration Guides. Note that there are a few migration tasks that have been purposefully left unfinished. If you bump up against any of them, please contact us ASAP. We're more than willing to work on additional migration tools, but are handling them case-by-case.
New feature and enhancement Highlights:
- Full conformance with the OASIS S-RAMP specification
- [ARTIF-517] Support Wildfly - JBoss Issue Tracker
Wildfly 8 support
- [ARTIF-636] Support EAP 6.4 - JBoss Issue Tracker
EAP 6.4 support
- [ARTIF-638] Support interacting with Artificer through EJB - JBoss Issue Tracker
New interface: EJB. Most Artificer capabilities can now be used through EJBs, in addition to the older Java client.
- [ARTIF-396] Re-work the Artificer CLI - JBoss Issue Tracker
The Artificer CLI has been completely re-written, using a new version of Aesh. Looking forward to many new features in the pipeline.
- [ARTIF-581] Finish the Maven Facade - JBoss Issue Tracker
Artificer now provides a "Maven Facade Servlet", allowing it to be used like any other Maven repository!
- [ARTIF-629] Convert auth to Keycloak - JBoss Issue Tracker
We've switched to using Keycloak as our authentication solution.
- [ARTIF-554] Improve the UI search capabilities and query syntax support - JBoss Issue Tracker
Enhanced the web browser UI's advanced search capabilities and S-RAMP query syntax support
- [ARTIF-615] S-RAMP performance enhancements - JBoss Issue Tracker
Many CPU and memory performance enhancements
- [ARTIF-627] Re-work the S-RAMP->JCR query visitor using ModeShape JCR-JQOM - JBoss Issue Tracker
Re-wrote the S-RAMP -> JCR query parser, setting us up for future flexibility and many new extensions
- [ARTIF-612] Exceptions cleanup - JBoss Issue Tracker
Re-worked Artificer's Exception architecture
- Several other minor enhancements and cleanup tasks in the web browser UI
For the full list of changes, please see the release notes in JIRA: Release Notes - JBoss Issue Tracker.
As always, we'd love to hear from you. Check out Metadata and Software Artifact Repository (Open Source) · Artificer to learn how to get involved and how to follow the project's progress!