Welp, quite a bit happened after Beta1. Thanks to a helpful amount of beta testers and several improvements, another beta release was merited. Note that we're hoping to have Final out late next week, pending additional issues that come up.
A lot of attention was given to performance improvements in this release. If you haven't already, check out the previous blog post: Huge Performance Increases in Artificer 1.0.0.Beta2
- [ARTIF-717] Implement a CQRS pattern, separating the JPA entities and a query DTO - JBoss Issue Tracker
The majority of performance gains were thanks to this...
- [ARTIF-712] Refactor ArtifactSet, PagedResult, etc. - JBoss Issue Tracker
All clients now make use of "PagedResult" as the return type for queries, cleaning up a ton of internal logic.
- [ARTIF-729] Enable query caching and hibernate-infinispan 2LC by default - JBoss Issue Tracker
- [ARTIF-710] Optimize Hibernate Search query - JBoss Issue Tracker
- [ARTIF-711] Performance enhancements - JBoss Issue Tracker
Numerous CPU and memory performance enhancements
- [ARTIF-703] Auto install DDL if the tables don't exist - JBoss Issue Tracker
If running Artificer against a clean database, Artificer will automatically create its tables and indexes. Note that this is not the same thing as Hibernte's "SchemaCreator". Instead, our utility uses our optimized, controlled DDL SQL.
- [ARTIF-725] Use new 'expandedFromArchivePath' field, rather than custom property - JBoss Issue Tracker
[ARTIF-499] Include another filter for Expanded (similar to Derived) - JBoss Issue Tracker
The web UI now supports the ability to filter artifacts based on their "origin": All, Primary (Original), Primary (Expanded From Archive), and Derived
- [ARTIF-726] If an archive is deleted, also delete its expanded artifacts - JBoss Issue Tracker
If an archive is deleted, automatically delete the primary artifacts that were expanded from it
- [ARTIF-708] Support Java 8 - JBoss Issue Tracker
- [ARTIF-716] Remove claims for EAP 6.0-6.3 support - JBoss Issue Tracker
We've officially dropped support for EAP 6.0-6.3, shifting focus purely to Wildfly 8 and EAP 6.4.
Numerous other fixes and improvements went into the release: Release Notes - JBoss Issue Tracker