To satisfy the requests of our users working with issues linked with Salesforce platform cases, we've extended Jira Salesforce integration plugin with a support to quickly filter and sort issues by its' linked Salesforce cases.
The enhanced filters are integrated into Jira's search interface as well as into JQL (Jira Query Language), enabling new filters to be a part of trickier expressions.
Here is an overview of the new features introduced in the new version (1.1.6) of our Salesforce intergration plugin for Jira:
1. Search by a number of the linked SF cases:
- Now it's possible to filter the issues using exact match, or range conditions in JQL as well as using Jira search interface
- Using conditional JQL operators, it is possible to search the issues by a number of its' links given the accepted range
2. Search by the SF key of linked case
- You can search the linked issues that are linked with particular SF case by the SF case key, using both native Jira search interface and JQL expression
please note that to link more than one case to an issue, the SFDC Case Links is persisted as a standard text, so a search on it must use quotations "" and tilde as equality mark ~
- Using JQL and conditional operators, you can search by more than one SF case
The features were implemented as a reaction to the requests of our dear users
Please note that the new features expect some configuration changes for Jira's admins, as described in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JIRA-503