this is the exception message i'm seeing:
Failed to retrieve stub from server 192.168.8.11:1100
And this is the stack trace:
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(Hashtable )
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(Hashtable )
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(Name )
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(String )
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(String )
at clientedotnet.Class1.Main(String args) in c:\proyectos\ikvm\clientedotnet.exe
The exception message "Failed to retrive stub from server" is located in the file org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext, method getServer:
// Get stub from naming server
BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(s.getInputStream());
ObjectInputStream in = new ObjectInputStream(bis);
MarshalledObject stub = (MarshalledObject) in.readObject();
server = (Naming) stub.get();
// Add it to cache
NamingException ex = new CommunicationException("Failed to retrieve stub from server "+hostKey);
Any idea on this exception ?
I'm using Jboss 3.2.5
Thanks in advance
Scott et al,
First off, I can not help you solve this (year old) issue. I am groveling for your/someone's help on getting a simple C# client (via iKVM) to connect to JBoss (ultimately JBossMQ). You were able to contact the naming service, so you got further than I have. Hopefully you can share your wisdom...
When I try my C#/ikvm port it hangs during "lookup" requests on the InitialContext.. I can run the same Java (JRE 1.5) sample program (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=QueueExample) against my (local) JBoss installation, so it is configured properly.
Note: The C# client is contacting the JBoss instance, because if I change the port it throws a connection exception.
Compiling jboss-client.jar as follows resulted in a bunch of warnings (gulp), but no errors:
ikvmc -out:jbossall-client.jar.dll ./client/jbossall-client.jar
I was concerned with that the notation necessary for the inline setup of the properties:
So, I hand loaded the properties to ensure they were populated properly:
Properties properties = new Properties();
FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(new java.io.File("./jndi.properties"));
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(properties);
// Go grab lunch, cause I am going to take a VERY long nap...
Queue queue = (Queue) ctx.lookup("queue/testQueue");
I have seen this issue mentioned elsewhere (e.g. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-classpath/2005-10/msg00281.html), but since you seem to have solved/avoided the problem, I figured I would start here...
JBoss: 4.0.3SP1 (JRE 1.5.0_05-b05, tried 1.4.2 as well)
Cheers and thanks,
P.S. I was successful using ActiveMQ (with ikvm), but JBossMQ's management features are more important to me than performance. Maybe I should reassess my evaluation criteria...