JBoss jBPM 3.1 final has been released. Downloads available at sourceforge
Also check out the updated chapter on Graph Oriented Programming. Now, it reflects much better the ideas and vision that we have for the project. It now also includes references to 4 source files. Less then 120 lines of code that clearly show the fundamental concept of jBPM. Including logging and comments ! I really think that the ideas and vision in that article give a view on how software development will be like in a few years from now. There's still a few TODO's in that article, but I'm already excited about it ! I'll keep you posted once it is completely finished. http://jbpm.org/gop
The main updates from 3.0.x to 3.1 were:
- Asynchronous continuations (see user guide Chapter 'Asynchronous continuations')
- Configuration framework (see user guide Chapter 'Configuration')
- Task instance variables (see user guide Chapter 'Task Management' section 'Task controllers')
- Externalized the hibernate queries: (see user guide Chapter 'Customizing queries')
- Added support for JSF like expressions in actions and assignments: (see user guide section 'Expressions').
- TaskInstanceFactory replaced the task instance class configuration (see user guide Chapter 'Task Management' section 'Customizing task instances')
A migration guide is present in the release.notes.html
I hope it's equally fun to use as it was to develop. Enjoy it !regards, tom.