ok, i found the jboss-ws4ee.sar in a jboss-4.0.2: After Deploying this .sar, I get numerours exceptions from the web-app containing the webservices, Starting with a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/webservice/metadata/HandlerMetaData
and ending with:
--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
Reason: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/CommandMap
Should simply deploying jboss-ws4ee.sar work or are there serious things missing to simnply copy this over to my jboss-4.0.3?!
Root of this problem is, that the ws4ee.sar is not properly deployed, because of:
16:55:02,288 WARN [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.ws4ee:service=JAFConfigService
I checked default/server/lib, but there is an activation.jar... Any Ideas, why the .sar complains?!
what is the diff of a standard server/default/lib and the ejb3-profile one?
I don't know, and I can't reconstruct it: As there is obviously no easy way to install ws4ee if it is not installed by the installer, I saved all configurations reinstalled jboss. We now have a script that restores our jboss-configuration - the ws4ee that is installed in the all-profile runs flawless.
I found the exact same thing - no JBossWS in the EJB 3.0 distribution of 4.0.3 SP1. However, it is in the 4.0.3 SP1 default profile, so I found a nice easy work around:
1) Use the 'JBoss Installer' to download and install the 'ejb3' profile into the desired location
2) Use the 'JBoss Installer' a second time to download and install the 'default' profile into a temporary location
3) Copy the following files from the 'default' profile installation (in your temp location) to the 'ejb3' profile installation
4) Delete the temporary installation
There you go, JBoss 4.0.3 SP1 with EJB3 and JBossWS!
Note: jboss-ws4ee.sar is a directory - copy it recursively.
Hope that helps somebody!
actually working the other way is a bit easier.
1. Install JBoss4.0.3 default
2. Download EJB3 from this website(just EJB3)
3. Follow the instructions to install EJB3 in the all configuration - not sure why but in the default it does not work.