1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2006 4:59 PM by thomas.diesler

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.ws.server.ServiceEnd

Hi All,

First, let me say that the new ws stuff is a BIG improvement over the bastardized axis from 4.0.3... Using the supplied tools has been very straighforward.

I'm seeing this exception, however, and I'm just not sure what to do about it. The AS is starting just fine, the wsdl is published, the service is deployed correctly, etc. When I try to actually invoke web service method I get this failure exception.

Here's a piece of the stack trace:

10:25:06,555 ERROR [[AggregateTjvmDataService]] Allocate exception for servlet AggregateTjvmDataService
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.ws.server.ServiceEndpoint
      at $Proxy54.getServiceEndpointByID(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.ws.server.ServiceEndpointServlet.init(ServiceEndpointServlet.java:77)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1105)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:757)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:130)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:54)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:174)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)

Do I have jar version mismatch somewhere? Using the installer I selected the "ejb3" option as this was also supposed to include the "new" ws stuff.

I'm sure you're all busy and if you have any idea what's going on, I'd love to hear back from you.

Thanks in advance!
      -Brian Call