2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2006 2:03 PM by cbax007

SAAJ Question

Does anyone out there know if there is a way to intercept and modify and incoming response from a SAAJ request SOAPMessage? I have a partner that I am communicating with and the response message they are sending does not contain the standard SOAP Envelope and Body and as a result, i get an error like so:

Bad envelope tag: sometag

I wanted to intercept their response and append it into the Body of a soap message so that it parses properly. Keep in mind that I'm using SAAJ here and not JAX-RPC. Their service is not a proper webservice with a WSDL and what not, so I can not use JAX-RPC and Handlers to solve my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: SAAJ Question
          thomas.diesler

LOL - you could pickup the phone and have a little "talk" with your partner (i.e. point him to the SOAP spec), or that channel of communication equally broken?

• 2. Re: SAAJ Question

I appreciate the humerous response Thomas. Ya, that's exactly what i want them to do, but knowing this particular partner and:

A) Their ability to execute on a change request
            B) Their desire to change anything

I was trying to find a useable workaround in the mean time. What good are standards unless people use them (correctly). It's funny that they can handle a fully qualified SOAP request, but they can't speak the language on the response. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to lean on them a bit more. Thanks.