12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 9:27 AM by vijay joshi

    jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support for on

    Sureshbabu Thyvalappil Newbie

      According to the link below, jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support for only primitive types.
      http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBWSFAQSupportForJSR181
      I'm using it already with complex object types in document/literal mode.
      We are planning to move this to production soon.
      Isn't it true that jbossws1.0.x supports complex object types ?
      Also I'm assuming that it is production ready.



        • 1. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
          Davide De Benedictis Newbie

          I'm testing it as client JSR109 style and I'm able (with a lot of strain) just to transfert primitive types.

          IMHO it's still too immature for a production environment.

          bye

          • 2. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
            Heiko Braun Master

            read it more carefully:


            In jbossws-1.0.x we provide a preview implementation for JSR-181


            JSR-181 is an annoatation driven approach that can be used insetad of JSR-109.

            jbossws-1.0.x is production ready since 1.0



            • 3. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
              Davide De Benedictis Newbie

               

              "heiko.braun@jboss.com" wrote:


              jbossws-1.0.x is production ready since 1.0



              ROTFL :-)
              So recent posts are just my fantasy outcomes.

              Thank you indeed.

              • 4. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                Stefano Maestri Expert

                Probably you didn't understand what here and in other post was said.
                Just jsr-181 is a preview.

                Jbossws is production ready and we use it in our production environment with something like 200 operations in 49 wsdls.
                And jsr-181 implementation is a good preview, because we are using in a lot of these operations.

                Of course we made some investments to understand in deep ws standards and jboss' implementations.

                regards

                • 5. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                  Davide De Benedictis Newbie

                   

                  "maeste" wrote:
                  Probably you didn't understand what here and in other post was said.
                  Just jsr-181 is a preview.

                  Jbossws is production ready and we use it in our production environment with something like 200 operations in 49 wsdls.

                  Of course we made some investments to understand in deep ws standards and jboss' implementations.


                  Stefano,

                  probably you didn't read my first reply: I'm testing it as JSR109 client and it has a lot of problem. Please read my recent posts on this.

                  For me worked nearly flowless only in a JBoss - JBoss environment.

                  But... giving that, on production site I have to face with server endpoints running on websphere 6.1 and, of course, I cannot change the Italy Ministry of Finance WS interface, I stated that current version simply doesn't work for me.

                  Same thing with webservices exposed by another legacy application here. They are generated with Axis2 and again, jbossws 1.0.4 client simply does not work. All operations returns or accepts custom value objects. I posted some messages for this.

                  On another side project I have to implement both endpoints. The only requirement to meet is tomcat standalone. I said "Ok, on this I will use a pure jbossws implementation..."
                  Unfortunately the installation is broken and I opened a bug report on jiira.
                  Nobody replied and maybe I'm asking things answered 10000 times. I found nothing on docs, wiki and forums. Maybe I'm wrong but this should be the goal of these forums. I just expressed my opinion (IMHO). And I'm patiently waiting that these problems will be solved or someone will have some spare time to reply me. Even a "you wrote a lot of bullshits" would be enough :-)

                  "maeste" wrote:

                  Of course we made some investments to understand in deep ws standards and jboss' implementations.


                  I'm using JBoss in production sites since 2.4.6 version many years ago, and I brought it with me across three companies. On summer 2004 we spent about 17.000 Euro for training from the only jboss certified italian company. Is it enough?
                  You see, while I know I didn't pay the car, I'm becoming a little tired to wear an "engineer white coat" each time just to drive this car ;-)

                  And reading Jboss mailing lists and forum since so many years I can assure you that a lot of things changed. JBoss AS became very popular and consequently background noise increased. Quality on forums lowered on both sides and the jboss staff attitude has changed a lot.

                  Moderators, please feel free to move this message to the useless rants corner


                  • 6. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                    Stefano Maestri Expert

                    I didn' want to start a flame. In fact I didn't understand you refer to client. It seems to have trouble, we don't use it except in some little use case. We works mainly on the server side.

                    IMHO opinion jboss still the best AS on the market. And I mean the best one, not the best open source.
                    I started to use jboss since 2.0 (first production environment 2.4.1) and I read forums and ML since the beginning. I agree with you, a lot of things changed, community is changed (more noise) and jboss' staff become more and more busy.

                    Before someone other of the staff will tell you: The only sure way to get immediately feed back is the professional support. The community support is not so responsive, and mainly intend for guys wearing "engineer white coat". :)

                    This is just my humble opinion, my impression and I'm just a user like you...really passionated end user.

                    Next days we have to implement ws clients and I'll keep you post of our result or problem. Well the goal of project is 2nd quarter 07 and I don't exclude to use jbossws 2.0CR

                    • 7. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                      Davide De Benedictis Newbie

                       

                      "maeste" wrote:

                      IMHO opinion jboss still the best AS on the market. And I mean the best one, not the best open source.
                      I started to use jboss since 2.0 (first production environment 2.4.1) and I read forums and ML since the beginning. I agree with you, a lot of things changed, community is changed (more noise) and jboss' staff become more and more busy.


                      I 100% agree

                      "maeste" wrote:

                      Before someone other of the staff will tell you: The only sure way to get immediately feed back is the professional support. The community support is not so responsive, and mainly intend for guys wearing "engineer white coat". :)


                      I know but here I definitively go OT ;-) Inside my company we have so many websphere installations that we pay ibm just flat-rate. I could install how much websphere as I would. So price is not a problem. Even so up to now my group was able to mantain a little entrenched JBoss Island. Now would be impossible for me to ask for a professional support while we have two ibm guys free of charge all the year inside the company. So my island must be self contained :-)


                      "maeste" wrote:

                      Next days we have to implement ws clients and I'll keep you post of our result or problem. Well the goal of project is 2nd quarter 07 and I don't exclude to use jbossws 2.0CR


                      I'll look forward to hear about your tests

                      Bye


                      • 8. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                        vijay joshi Newbie

                         

                        "sursha" wrote:
                        According to the link below, jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support for only primitive types.
                        http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBWSFAQSupportForJSR181
                        I'm using it already with complex object types in document/literal mode.
                        We are planning to move this to production soon.
                        Isn't it true that jbossws1.0.x supports complex object types ?
                        Also I'm assuming that it is production ready.


                        Hi Sursha,

                        I m very new to the web-service field. I tried installing jbossWS1.0.4 on JBOSS4.0.4 as per the instructions given in the installation doc, but i m getting exceptions.

                        Please let me know where i m going wrong and if possible a simple example of web service using JBOSS-WS.

                        Thanks in advance
                        Vijay


                        • 9. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                          Sureshbabu Thyvalappil Newbie

                          Vijay,
                          Did you try with jboss 4.0.4 installation? jbossws 1.0.x comes with jboss 4.0.4. I would recommend just trying with that first before installling jbossws1.0.4

                          • 10. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                            Alessio Soldano Newbie

                             

                            "bocio" wrote:
                            "maeste" wrote:

                            Next days we have to implement ws clients and I'll keep you post of our result or problem. Well the goal of project is 2nd quarter 07 and I don't exclude to use jbossws 2.0CR

                            I'll look forward to hear about your tests


                            Just to keep you informed.. up to now we implemented a ws client/server communication in a pure JBoss<-->JBoss environment (1.0.3.GA) and had almost no problem (well, I modified by hand the jaxrpc-mapping.xml created by wstools just to use my own classes instead of the ones generated by the tool in wsdl2java mode). DTOs exchanged include complex types and arrays of complex types. Server side implemented with JSR181, client side JSR109.
                            In future we're going to try jbossws client with .NET webservices.

                            bye
                            Alessio Soldano
                            http://www.javalinux.it/blogs/

                            • 11. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                              Heiko Braun Master

                              Davide, instead of complaining you could contribute. Since you are with jboss for a long time you should know better.

                              But regarding you JSR-109 problem. I guess you are refering to this post
                              http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=94975

                              There's a difference between the jbossws runtime and the accompanying tools. The issues you are describing look like a tools problem. Most efforts are put into JAX-WS at the moment, that's why wstools for JAX-RPC is a little weak in some areas. If wstools doesn't to the job well you could still try wscompile from JWSDP package.


                              • 12. Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo
                                vijay joshi Newbie

                                Hi Sursha,

                                Thanks for the reply.
                                Is there any tool which help me in generating the java code for the given WSDL file like WSDL2java tool provided by apache axis?

                                I think simple example will give me better understanding of webservice.

                                Please give me some simple example of webservice which can deployed in jboss4.0.4.

                                Thanks and Regards
                                Vijay