3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2006 10:19 AM by thomas.diesler

STATEFUL XML-RPC SERVICE

danireb

Hi,

I have to implement an application who receives different request to some xml-rpc services.

The problem is that I have 3 services that a client can request, and I have to respond each request depending the STATE of the client, the previous values or actions.

I have read about stateful webservices and I got confused because some people can and some documentations say it is NOT posible.

How can I publish that web services and in every request know that are from the same session.

I have to manage the session by myself or can I use stateful beans or something else?

Thanks

D.Rebolo

• 1. Re: STATEFUL XML-RPC SERVICE
          heiko.braun

You can use WS-Addressing to manage to share state information with the client in a portable manner. Managing state on the application level still has to be done on your own.

Take a look at the WS-Addressing examples:

http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossws/user-guide/en/html/wsaddressing.html

Basically all that needs to be happening is:

1.) create some session token
          2.) create addressing properties using this token
          3.) associate every request/response with this information

The userguide and the examples explain this a little more detailed.

• 2. Re: STATEFUL XML-RPC SERVICE
            danireb

Thanks for the help.

I read the link, but I dindt see an example doing the 3 points that you mentioned above
            1.) create some session token
            2.) create addressing properties using this token
            3.) associate every request/response with this information

- The class that public the services is a Session Bean, isnt it?
            - Can different clients for example .NET, PHP deal with this services properly. (because of addressing properties)

I would be grateful if you can show me an example about this, where session token and adressing properties are used.

Thanks

• 3. Re: STATEFUL XML-RPC SERVICE
              thomas.diesler

There is an addressing samples availbale in the samples download