3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 5:50 AM by Alessio Soldano

    jbossws with apache

    Gerry Smith Newbie

      I'm using Jboss behind apache.
      '/jbossws/services' works fine, the wsdls's work fine, but the actual services don't work. They do work if I connect directly on port 8080, but not through apache. Everything else is working fine through apache.
      If I try connecting a browser to the actual service via apache, instead of seeing the service I just get "http GET not supported".

      Anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

      I'm using jboss 4.2.1, jbossws 2.0.1, apache2 on another machine, jk 1.2, all on gentoo.

      Thanks!

        • 1. Re: jbossws with apache
          Alessio Soldano Newbie

           

          "gerry744" wrote:
          I'm using Jboss behind apache.
          '/jbossws/services' works fine, the wsdls's work fine, but the actual services don't work. They do work if I connect directly on port 8080, but not through apache. Everything else is working fine through apache.
          If I try connecting a browser to the actual service via apache, instead of seeing the service I just get "http GET not supported".

          Anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

          I'm using jboss 4.2.1, jbossws 2.0.1, apache2 on another machine, jk 1.2, all on gentoo.

          Thanks!


          I would check what url apache is actually trying to connect to; I mean, it's ok that you get a "http GET not supported" if you access an endpoint using your browser. As a matter of fact, endpoints support POST, GET is supposed to work only for wsdl retrieval calls.


          • 2. Re: jbossws with apache
            Russell Cole Newbie

             

            "palin" wrote:

            I would check what url apache is actually trying to connect to; I mean, it's ok that you get a "http GET not supported" if you access an endpoint using your browser. As a matter of fact, endpoints support POST, GET is supposed to work only for wsdl retrieval calls.


            Why is GET not supported? All the other web service frameworks I have used (Apache Axis, .NET) have supported that, it's quite useful when developing and testing.

            • 3. Re: jbossws with apache
              Alessio Soldano Master

               

              "r.eloc" wrote:
              "palin" wrote:

              I would check what url apache is actually trying to connect to; I mean, it's ok that you get a "http GET not supported" if you access an endpoint using your browser. As a matter of fact, endpoints support POST, GET is supposed to work only for wsdl retrieval calls.


              Why is GET not supported? All the other web service frameworks I have used (Apache Axis, .NET) have supported that, it's quite useful when developing and testing.


              I'd say because when you invoke a service, you provide the soap request message, thus you need POST.