3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2007 5:33 PM by peterj

Getting DEBUG messages and server goes to hung state

pkalpana2k

Hi,

I'm using JBoss server. I am getting some DEBUG messages, after that my server goes to hung state.

DEBUG [org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable] org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.parentTraceEnabled=true
      DEBUG [org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable] org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.nestedTraceEnabled=false
      DEBUG [org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable] org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.detectDuplicateNesting=true

What this DEBUG message says?

Can you please tell me why this DEBUG message is coming?

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: Getting DEBUG messages and server goes to hung state
          peterj

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that someone modified the server's source code because I cannot see any such logging statements in the source I have.

What version of JBoss AS are you using?

If you take a thread dump, what are the threads doing?

• 2. Re: Getting DEBUG messages and server goes to hung state
            pkalpana2k

hi,
            I'm using Jboss 4.0.3 and i have many threads running simultaneously. Each thread will do some process.

• 3. Re: Getting DEBUG messages and server goes to hung state
              peterj

OK, I see the debug statements in 4.0.3. This means that the app server caught an exception and is now throwing another exception. Unfortunately, the exception stack trace does not get printed out until after this processing is done, so I cannot ask you to look for a stack trace - there is none yet.

I know that there will be a lot of threads, the question is what are they doing? Try this. Take a thread dump, wait a minute, take another. Compare them. Look for threads stuck in application code, or doing anything other what waiting on input queues.

Finally, this is the web services forum, not really the proper place for this question.