0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2009 6:26 PM by vancechristiaanse

Possible bug when namespace name ends with

Hello JBoss WS fans,

In the schemas in the WSDL for my web service I need to refer to the namespace URI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# which ends with "#". Unfortunately, when I do I get an error when I start the server:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
       at org.jboss.ws.tools.JavaToXSD.parseSchema(JavaToXSD.java:178)
       at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processTypes(WSDL11Reader.java:451)
       at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processTypes(WSDL11Reader.java:466)
       at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processDefinition(WSDL11Reader.java:180)
       at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDLDefinitionsFactory.parse(WSDLDefinitionsFactory.java:129)
       at org.jboss.ws.metadata.umdm.ServiceMetaData.getWsdlDefinitions(ServiceMetaData.java:293)

When I remove the "#" from the namespace name in the WSDL (and regenerate classes with wsconsume and make corresponding class name changes) the web service deploys without error and clients can access it.

I have created a very simple WSDL file that demonstrates this error and tested it on a clean installation of JBossAS 5.1.0.GA (released 23 May 2009). Is it okay to submit it as a bug without building from the latest source and testing? Or is this not a bug? (I notice the value of the soapAction attribute in the generated WSDL includes the fragment notation "#" whether or not the namespace name includes the "#".)

Thank you for any feedback or advice,

Vance