2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2009 4:31 PM by shadowcreeper

JBOSSWS Webservice Error in UNIX

I am testing a webservice using JBOSS5,JBOSSWS and jdk 6 in unix system.

My webservice got deployed and worked well in Windows. Client was able to able to access the HTTP response fine.
      Windows XP Environment Tools:
      a) JBOSS AS5
      b)JBOSS WS
      c)JDK 5.0
      Steps followed to install in Windows
      # From Windows Explorer, navigate to "C:\jbossws-native-bin-dist". Inside the folder, locate the file "ant.properties.example".
      # Make a copy of "ant.properties.example", then rename it to "ant.properties".
      # Start up your favorite code editor (like UltraEdit32, or Notepad++), then open up "ant.properties" for editing.
      # Locate the line "jboss500.home=@jboss500.home@", change it to "jboss500.home=/jboss-5.0.0.GA". Then save it and close the code editor.
      # Open Command Prompt, navigate to "C:\jbossws-native-bin-dist". Then run the command "ant deploy-jboss500". When it finishes successfully, JBossWS will be installed and configured properly for use.

Unix Environment:
      JDK 6
      JBOSS 5.0

Copied the JBOSSWS jar files from C:\jbossws-native-bin-dist\output\deploy-jboss500folder to corresponding folders in client, bin,common,lib,server in Unix.

When I start the JBOSSAS I am able to view the webservice and wsdl is generated but while testing the webservic in client I get the following error:

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Cannot process response message
      at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchSOAPBinding.getReturnObject(DispatchSOAPBinding.java:191)
      at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.getReturnObject(DispatchImpl.java:470)
      at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.invokeInternalSOAP(DispatchImpl.java:264)
      at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.invokeInternal(DispatchImpl.java:170)
      at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.invoke(DispatchImpl.java:133)
      at tutorial.hanbo.webservice.GreetingTestClient2.main(GreetingTestClient2.java:60)
      Caused by: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Cannot obtain SOAPBody from SOAPMessage
      at javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.getSOAPBody(SOAPMessage.java:181)
      at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchSOAPBinding.getReturnObject(DispatchSOAPBinding.java:159)

While Analyzing using TCP monitor I find that content length is zero

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
      X-Powered-By: Servlet 2.5; JBoss-5.0/JBossWeb-2.1
      Content-Length: 0
      Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:27:26 GMT

I assume it has something to do with JBOSSWS jar files used in Unix.

Could anyone help in this regard ? Grealty appreciate it.

• 1. Re: JBOSSWS Webservice Error in UNIX

I made it work by changing the jdk version in Unix to jdk 1.5.
          Could anyone say if there is problem with jdk 1.6 and Jbossws ?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: JBOSSWS Webservice Error in UNIX
            shadowcreeper

Nope, I'm using Linux 2.6.28-13-generic (Ubuntu 9.4) with java-6-sun-1.6.0.16 (the latest Java6 package) and JBoss 5.1.0.GA. It all works fine for me.

I am, however, also using the JBossWS that was bundled with JBoss 5.1.0.GA (I never did the upgraded JBossWS install that all the guides tell you to).

I started out using Windows, and just copied my whole JBoss directory over to Linux. The only problems I have had were with filename case issues (which could all be fixed by sticking it into a case-insensitive fs -- like vfat).