7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2005 12:14 PM by Bruno Aranda

Beta1: wrong object class when getting session bean from con

Bruno Aranda Newbie

Hi all,

JBoss: 4.0.3RC1 (graphical install) or 4.0.2 (manually installing ejb3.deployer, etc)
      EJB3: beta1
      JDK 5.0

first of all, I have to say that the application I am developing work ok using EJB3 preview 5 and Jboss 4.0.1sp1.
      This application has several session beans (stateless and stateful). Each bean has a interface with the @Remote annotation. Deploy goes ok, without problems neither warnings...
      Now, when inside the application (a war) I try to access to a bean the wrong class is returned, while if I get the bean from a client (in a suite of tests that I have outside JBoss everything goes ok).

Let's illustrate the situation:

I have:

@Statefull
      public class UserHandlerBean extends UserHandler implements Serializable {
      }

@Remote
      public interface UserHandler {
      }

Now, I access to the bean (from the webapp inside Jboss or a client test) like this:

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
      UserManager um = (UserManager) ctx.lookup(UserManager.class.getName());

From the client wverything runs smoothly, but, from the webapp I get the exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy103

Something happens here, the class that the webapp obtains from the sever InitialContext is of class $Proxy103 and does not implement UserManager :-(

Any hint will be appreciated,

Regards,

Bruno