2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2008 8:44 AM by heiko.braun

Deprecating Ejb3Deployment

heiko.braun

According to this thread http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145455#4145455 Ejb3Deployment is going to disappear. Any meta data retrieval should be delegated to JBossMetaData instead.

How do we retrieve arbitrary annotation meta data in this case?
      Before EJB3 offered something like

getAnnotation(Class c)
      , which allowed me to pull any meta data regardless if it's derived from a deployment descriptor or an annotation.

How do projects add annotation based meta data to the meta data project? I.e. WS defines
      @EndpointConfig
      . Does this mean I need to add parsing of that information to the MD project and release it before I can use it? Or is there a more generic way to access annotation based meta data?

• 1. Re: Deprecating Ejb3Deployment
          starksm64

The metadata project covers the standard metadata models we support in jbossas.

If new annotations affect the existing metadata, we need to add the dependency on the annotations and update the annotation creators to incorporate them.

If these are just pass through annotations on javaee component classes that should be available in a generic manner on the JBossEnterpriseBeanMetaData (which is the metadata input for the EjbContainer which is where getAnnotation(Class) exists). There is already a JBossEnterpriseBeanMetaData.getAnnotations which returns a mapping of annotation class to AnnotationMetaData. This is not populated for unknown annotations though.

If we add pass through support for annotations to the component metadata for class, field and method annotations, is that going to be sufficient?

• 2. Re: Deprecating Ejb3Deployment
            heiko.braun

If we add pass through support for annotations to the component metadata for class, field and method annotations, is that going to be sufficient?

Yes, that's exactly what I was asking for.
            Do you think it will make it on CR1?