3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2006 12:55 AM by balellu

Version Question

I wanted to use JBoss profiler. I dont know what is the version of JDK & JBoss it supports.

I checked WIki, this forum & Internet but i didnot find this information. Can some one please tell me the version of JDK & JBoss supported by JBoss Profiler?

I am using JDK-1.3.1 and JBoss-2.3.7 on windows XP. I tried deploying latest version of JBoss profiler MBeans and i am getting an error as below

Error parsing the XML file, from XMLMetaData

Other than this im also getting an exception saying that

The DLL couldn't be loaded, you won't be able to use any JVMTIInterface feature
      java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jbossAgent in java.library.path

I have followed all the instruction provided in README.txt

Thanks,
      Panindra

• 1. Re: Version Question

A Small mistake. I am using JBoss-3.2.7 & 3.2.5. Not 2.3.7 as mentioned in my above post.

Thanks,
          Panindra

• 2. Re: Version Question
            clebert.suconic

I haven't tried JDK 1.3.1 for a while. I have started it developing under 1.3, but I'm not sure if it would still work. I have used at least 1.4+.

As for the XML, I'm uxing JMX properties not supported by JBoss 3.2.7. Maybe you could use the DLL on 3.2.7 (if you can switch the JVM to 1.4+).. and use kill -3 or Ctrl-Break to start/stop capturing data.

• 3. Re: Version Question

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately i cannot upgrade to 1.4.x. This means that i've to find some other tool.

Can you suggest any other profiling tool that will help me to create heap dumps and identify the cause behind the OOM that i am facing.

Thanks.