0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2008 2:04 PM by jigu888

cannot delete profiler log file

jigu888

Hello,

I am using jboss-4.0.5.GA and jboss-profiler-1.0.CR4. The java version is 1.5.0.
      My profiler log files are stored under D:\JBoss\jboss-4.0.5.GA\server\default\tmp\profiler folder.

I have used following in run.bat:
      -XrunjbossInspector:%JBOSS_HOME%\server\default\tmp\profiler,memory=true -agentlib:jbossAgent

I started jboss service and from jmx-console, used mbean=Native-profiler to start data capturing by invoking activate() method.

After one day the jboss service stopped due to some exception and I tried to delete log files because I wanted to start the same again. I could able to delete all but one file. The name of that file is serverspy_1172_thread_1197325971140_0_38.log.gz.

Do you have any idea why I am not able to delete this file? Its saying that "can not deletethe file. it is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again".

The size of this file is 1.80 GB!!

Can unexpected termination of jboss service be the reason behind this?
      I could not get chance to activate stop() method for mbean. Can this be a reason behind this problem?
      Did I miss anything or do anything wrong?

Please advice.

Thanks.