2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 3:18 PM by andy.miller

OutOfMemory Exception Generating reports

andy.miller

There wasn't a separate user forum, so I'm posting here. If I'm mistaken, just point me at the right place, and I'll post there.

After using the file store to do a longer running capture, I'm trying to use the client, but I keep getting an OutOfMemory exception.

There are 160 directories in the capture, and I have used as large as a 3828MB heap, but to no avail. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I assume that with the client you use the load command, and give the top level directory. Is that wrong? Should I run against all the individual directories one at a time?

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: OutOfMemory Exception Generating reports
          jesper.pedersen

This is the only forum currently, so feel free to post here.

Sounds like an interesting use-case :)

Yes, you use the 'load' command with the top-level directory (the one with the timestamp name) as input.

What is the size of the directory you are trying to load ? It sounds there is a lot of data.

I would like a copy of the data (if possible), since I havn't worked with very big profiles yet (only up to ~200MB). Therefore there are probably stuff that can be optimized in the client in order to reduce memory requirements during report generation.

TIA !

• 2. Re: OutOfMemory Exception Generating reports
            andy.miller

The size of the data is just under 500MB. I even cut down my run from 75 clients to 10, so that it would be much smaller.

Anyway, any good ideas about how I could get it to you. Certainly, I can't just e-mail it with it size and all.