1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2004 4:38 PM by marc.fleury

Extending the Observerable Pattern

The current implementation of the observerable pattern only notifies about
      changed field state (which is all that the GOF pattern requires).

It could be extended to provide other event notifications, like object construction,
      object access "gets" or method invocation.

• 1. 3827621
          marc.fleury

Thanks, that helped. In case someone else comes across this thread looking to do the same thing in the future, I ended up making two changes in addition to the one in my initial message. First, I edited conf/log4j.xml and added:

<appender name="DEBUGCONSOLE" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
           <errorHandler class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/>
           <param name="Target" value="System.out"/>
           <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>

<layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
           <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n -->
           <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}] %m%n"/
          >
           </layout>
           </appender>

<category name="org.jboss.web">
           <priority value="DEBUG"/>
           <appender-ref ref="DEBUGCONSOLE" />
           </category>

That causes Tomcat's debug messages to be printed to the console without doing the same for all the other modules.

Next, I extracted the file org/jboss/web/tomcat/tc5/session/LocalStrings.properties from tomcat50-service.jar and moved it into org/jboss/web/tomcat/session (under the deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar directory). That prevents the error message I quoted, and allows Tomcat to display a few additional debug messages.

Hope that's helpful to someone. Thanks, janilsal, for the pointer.