7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2006 10:08 AM by Arvinder Singh

Preliminary POC code

Mark Little Master

I checked in to subversion some POC code for the ESB core (no JBI yet). Take a look if you get a chance. There were some issues raised by this basic implementation that I'll feed back into the forum when I get a chance (hopefully the next few days).

Mark.

• 1. Re: Preliminary POC code
          Arvinder Singh Novice

Hmm i can't see this through fisheye, are you able to add somethng to the wiki just to indicate where etc. I thought everything was still using cvs ?

• 2. Re: Preliminary POC code
            Mark Little Master

We're transitioning off CVS to subversion. New projects (such as ESB and TS) don't have any CVS images at all. The subversion repository is https://svn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossesb

If you can't get at it, let me know (by email).

• 3. Re: Preliminary POC code
              Arvinder Singh Novice

Thanks for that mark. I downloaded the code in the repo, and tested a basic commit. Can i branch the trunk and start working off it ?

I am going to update jira with some comments regarding ovidiu work on standalone messaging.

• 4. Re: Preliminary POC code
                Mark Little Master

Are you going to add the MC/MS stuff?

• 5. Re: Preliminary POC code
                  Arvinder Singh Novice

In the branch I'll add the following

MC Related
                  - The MC bootstrap related classes
                  - The configuration xml files need by the MC to load up any POJO's
                  - dependant MC related jars

MS Related
                  - As the standalone messaging release still uses jmx and has no MC integration, I will add the esb service MBean and associated xml file(s), which starts the MC bootstrap class above.
                  - Minimal set of messaging related jars (1.0.0 GA release) and ant build file to construct the standalone messaging release for the esb - this is what ovidiu has done.

There is anything else that i can add right now. I'll look over the code in more detail and see if if i can work around the skeletons to bring up a service bus around the example queues/topics that are configured by default in messaging.

So following the Jira task namely http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBESB-13 this should perhaps be renamed to Stand-alone JBossESB release (?) as right now we are going to use the standalone messaging release stuff that ovidiu has done (by passing MC integration for now.) I don't beleive there will be any issues in moving to a full MC core if we start to use POJO services running inside the MC, bootstrapped by the code and confguration I am going to add above.

Is this ok .. or .. ?

• 6. Re: Preliminary POC code
                    Mark Little Master

For MC, check out the structure of the code in ESBCore: there's a placeholder package/interface for any MC bootstrap code.

For MS, what I'd suggest is adding the jars as you suggest (check out the Developer.txt file for where I think they should go for now) and trying to do a basic configuration (plugins, dispatchers etc.) with what we've got. I wouldn't go too far though, because in order to do things like set up topics/destinations, we'll need to have the full EPR implementation.

The biggest hold up I see now (having knocked up the basic framework) is the lack of the complete WS-Addressing (EPR) implementation. If you look at the current code you'll see it's essentially a placeholder. Kevin Conner, who has the WS-A task, is on vacation until next week, so we may have to hold off on this and concentrate on some of the service APIs - things that can be done in isolation. The contract definition setup is another.

We probably need a QA dir at the same level of ESBCore/JBI that tests things like the MC startup/shutdown, stand-alone messaging. If you could add these things, I'll create a task and assign it to you?

• 7. Re: Preliminary POC code
                      Arvinder Singh Novice

For MC, check out the structure of the code in ESBCore: there's a placeholder package/interface for any MC bootstrap code.

Yup, I saw that - thanks.

For MS, what I'd suggest is adding the jars as you suggest (check out the Developer.txt file for where I think they should go for now) and trying to do a basic configuration (plugins, dispatchers etc.) with what we've got. I wouldn't go too far though, because in order to do things like set up topics/destinations, we'll need to have the full EPR implementation.

Ok no problem, I'll do that.

We probably need a QA dir at the same level of ESBCore/JBI that tests things like the MC startup/shutdown, stand-alone messaging. If you could add these things, I'll create a task and assign it to you?

Ok thats fine.

Thanks