not enough info ... provide an exception trace or something ...
Just maybe this may help.
In your case B is A (has access to all methods and fields of A), but A is not B. A has only access to its own methods and fields. Trying to use methods and access fields of B through A will not work, although the opposite will.
Thank you so much, all.
I just found the bug. I did not define A (new A() in my managed session bean. Since I use jsf, myfaces, myfaces tiles and ejb3, I thought it was very difficult to debug. Now, I just realized I forgot to define the entity bean.
Thanks again for your response and help!