5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2006 11:37 PM by k e

configuring spring to wire in ejb3 stateless session bean

k e Newbie

since i can't use @ejb yet, and i don't want to litter the initial context throughout my code (old school), i figured i'd use spring to wire my ejb3 stateless session bean to my action but i just get the following error:

23:46:21,310 ERROR [[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
      java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
       at $Proxy79.addTest(Unknown Source)
       at com.gwig.struts.action.TestAction.execute(TestAction.java:60)

...where .addTest is my stateless session bean method.

here is my spring config-pretty basic:

<bean id="testStatelessService" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
       <property name="jndiName" value="gwig/TestSLSBLocal"/>
       <property name="resourceRef" value="true"/>
       <property name="proxyInterface" value="com.gwig.ejb.TestSLSBIF"/>
       <property name="lookupOnStartup" value="false"/>
       </bean>

this SLSB lookup works fine using the traditional initial context lookup stuff.
      does the injection work with spring for ejb3's on jboss? has anyone done this? i'm using 4.0.4rc1...

• 1. Re: configuring spring to wire in ejb3 stateless session bea
          Alexander Sack Novice

Have you tried to use the JBoss Spring deployer that allows you to inject EJB's via the @Spring notation?

• 2. Re: configuring spring to wire in ejb3 stateless session bea
            Bill Burke Master

What is the cause exception please.

• 3. Re: configuring spring to wire in ejb3 stateless session bea
              k e Newbie

looks i didn't look down into the root exception: NameNotFoundException, do i need to prefix this if using spring, here is a snippet of the global jndi listing also...

thanks.

21:12:35,456 WARN [RequestProcessor] Unhandled Exception thrown: class java.lang.reflect.Undec
              laredThrowableException
              21:12:35,456 ERROR [[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
              java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
               at $Proxy79.addTest(Unknown Source)
               at com.gwig.struts.action.TestAction.execute(TestAction.java:60)
               at org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy.execute(DelegatingActionProxy.j
              ava:106)

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: gwig not bound
               at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
               at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
               at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
               at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
               at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:270)
               at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:625)
               at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:716)
               at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:587)
               at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate$1.doInContext(JndiTemplate.java:123)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.execute(JndiTemplate.java:85)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:121)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:146)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiLocatorSupport.lookup(JndiLocatorSupport.java:86)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectLocator.lookup(JndiObjectLocator.java:104)
               at org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectTargetSource.getTarget(JndiObjectTargetSource.jav
              a:121)
               at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:
              150)
               ... 28 more

+- gwig (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
               | +- TestSLSBLocal (proxy: $Proxy77 implements No ClassLoaders found for: com.gwig.ejb.TestSLSBIF (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled))
               | +- TestSFSBLocalStatefulProxyFactory (class: org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulLocalProxyFactory)
               | +- TestSFSBLocal (class: java.lang.Object)

• 4. Re: configuring spring to wire in ejb3 stateless session bea
                k e Newbie

asack, thanks for the hint for the spring deployer...i'll check it out, will it work with struts action injection using the plugin in struts-config.xml?

<plug-in className="org.springframework.web.struts.ContextLoaderPlugIn">
                <set-property property="contextConfigLocation" value="properties/applicationContext.xml"/>
                 </plug-in>

• 5. Re: configuring spring to wire in ejb3 stateless session bea
                  k e Newbie

figured it out... i simply removed the 'resourceRef' property from the JNDIObjectFactory bean config!!!

according to the spec about resource ref: it adds the java:comp crap at the beginning of the jndi lookup, no wonder it couldn't find the beans.

resourceRef - if the lookup occurs in a J2EE container, i.e. if the prefix "java:comp/env/" needs to be added if the JNDI name doesn't already contain it.