2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2006 4:13 PM by John Woodward

Issues with a new EJB 3.0 project in Eclipse

John Woodward Newbie

I've installed JBoss 4.0.4CR2, with Seam, etc., and the Eclipse tools. I'm running through the various trails to familiarize myself with EJB 3.0, seam, etc. In creating a new EJB 3.0 project, I've encountered the (known) issue of the hibernate3.jar not being present in the server/default/deploy/ejb3.deployer directory (along with a few others), even though the project, when created, specifies these jars in that diretory. I've worked my way past that one by copying the jars from the server/default/lib directory to the ejb3.deployer directory.

The next issue that I've encountered is in "Trail 1". The @LocalBinding and @RemoteBinding tags aren't recognized. I traced this down to the jboss-annotations-ejb3.jar file not being specified in the project libraries. Adding that jar manually gets me over that problem.

Should that jar be specified as part of a new EJB3 project by default?

Also, just a note for those not terribly familiar with the mechanics of using annotations ---- could there be some comment placed somewhere in the examples/trails that the import of the tag must be performed in order for the tag to be recognized? It came as a bit of a surprise to us that Eclipse was flagging an error in the use of a tag when an import of the tag interface was not included.

Thanks!

j