4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2006 8:58 AM by Mirko R

Oracle insert with SELECT missing

Mirko R Newbie

Hello to all,

i'm working on some basic examples while using JBoss 4.0.4 with EJB3.0 and Oracle 10g as database. With a simple statement such as

Location tmpLoc = new Location(street, number);
       em.persist(tmpLoc);

From the client I'm getting this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jboss.tm.JBossRollbackException: Unable to commit, tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=maric/25, BranchQual=, localId=25] status=STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION; - nested throwable: (javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.handleEndTransactionException(TxPolicy.java:198)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.endTransaction(TxPolicy.java:180)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:87)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:197)

And on the server side this:

17:06:08,147 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 928, SQLState: 42000
      17:06:08,147 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword

17:06:08,147 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 928, SQLState: 42000
      17:06:08,147 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword

This happened after the em.persist() method, judging by the logs, and object creation is also ok.

Why is there a SELECT keyword missing, when I'm using pure tables and this is a INSERT statment (just guessing, since the container is managing that part)

tnx