3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 12:57 PM by jaikiran

Exploded EAR

oliverchua

Hi, I'm trying out exploded directories.
      I've used The EJB3Trail.ear, it's working when I deploy it as an ear file.

Now, when I unzip the ear file to a folder, named c:/EJB3Trail.ear
      I have

META-INF
       application.xml
      beans.jar
      web.war

which looks ok...

Then, I add c:/EJB3Trail.ear to the jboss-service.xml file under URLs.
      Next, I run jboss, but get this error:

17:14:17,568 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/EJB3Trail.
      ear
      17:14:17,578 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/C:/EJB3Trail.ear
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No META-INF/application.xml found
       at org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer.init(EARDeployer.java:133)

Based on the error message, it seems it can see the c:/EJB3Trail.ear but cannot find the application.xml.
      Please note that the META-INF folder is in all caps, so it should not cause this problem.

Anyone having the same problem?

• 1. Re: Exploded EAR
          ronaldocwb

Did you find how to deploy an external exploded aplication?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Exploded EAR
            jim.barrows

17:14:17,568 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/EJB3Trail.
            ear
            17:14:17,578 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/C:/EJB3Trail.ear
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No META-INF/application.xml found
            at org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer.init(EARDeployer.java:133)

It looks like Jboss is looking for /C:/EJB3Trail.ear, not c:/EJB3Trail.ear. The leading '/' may be the issue. If Jboss is starting on the C: drive, then drop the C:, and if that works.... :)

• 3. Re: Exploded EAR
              jaikiran

If you want to deploy the application from a folder other than the deploy folder of JBoss, then you have to edit the jboss-service.xml in %JBOSS_HOME%\server\< serverName>\conf folder as follows:

<attribute name="URLs">
               deploy/,file:///C:/test/
              </attribute>

What this means is, an application (ex:.war or .ear) placed in the C:\test folder, will be picked up for deployment.